A Manual of Acupuncture iOS app
for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
About the app
A Manual of Acupuncture is the foremost points textbook in the Western world. This application contains the same content as the Manual of Acupuncture Point Card Set plus additional features:
- Every channel and extra point from A Manual of Acupuncture textbook
- English and Chinese point names, point category, location and location notes, illustration, needling instructions, cautions, actions and clinical application
- Videos with commentary showing how to locate and needle every point
- Illustrations for all primary, luo-connecting, divergent and sinew channels and the eight extraordinary vessels
- Indications index for key points
- Add your own notes
- Points are flaggable for further study or for self-testing
- Reference pages include cun measurements, location & needing guidelines, glossary of terms
- Self-testing module
Frequently asked questions
Is the app available for Android, Blackberry or Window Phone 7?
No, currently the Manual of Acupuncture app is only available for iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad).
There is no sound in the videos, how can I fix it?
Sound issues in the videos usually relate to the device being muted. Please first check that your device's volume is set to a suitable level, then:
For iPod Touch & iPhone:
- Have you checked the mute switch is not activated?
- If you use the side switch for muting: check the side switch is not active.
- If you use the side switch for rotation lock: check the iPad is not muted by clicking the home button twice and swiping right on the app task bar. The mute control is located next to the "Play / Pause" buttons.
The videos are not working, what is the problem?
The current version of the app (version 1.1) has a bug which prevents the videos from working on iOS 3.x. If you are using a first generation iPod touch or a first generation iPhone you might have problems playing the videos. We are working towards fixing this issue in the next release.
When I open the app all I see is a blank screen, how can I fix it?
Some users of the app have reported this occasional unexpected behaviour, if you encounter this issue please force quit the app by following these steps. Once the app has been force quit open it again as usual. If you experience this issue please get in touch as we are currently trying to gather information as to what is causing it.
Does the app support landscape orientation mode?
No, currently the app only supports portrait orientation mode, we are looking to include this functionality in the next version of the app.
Is the app available in any other language than English?
No, currently the app is only available in English.
If I buy the iPhone version, will I have to pay again for the iPad version?
As long as your iPhone and iPad are linked to the same iTunes account you will only need to purchase the app once.
We've been gratefully receiving your feedback over the last few months and although we have not responded indicidually, we have been taking it all on board. ...
Welcome to A Manual of Acupuncture iphone app. We hope you like it. We also hope you will email us any suggestions for how it can be improved. ...
Submit your feedback
Do you have any suggestions, feedback or problems with the app? Let us know by filling out the feedback form below: