Fluid Physiology and Pathology in Traditional Chinese Medicine - 3rd Edition
This book describes, in clear and comprehensive detail, the physiology, metabolism and pathologies of fluids in traditional Chinese medicine, drawing on a wide range of original material.
Disorders of sweating and urination, the formation of thin mucus, dampness and phlegm, and their interaction with other pathological factors are discussed, and the classical sources quoted.
Differentiations and treatments, both classical and modern, including both herbs and acupuncture, are provided in all categories, with case histories where appropriate and helpful.
Preface to Third Edition
Preface to Second Edition
Preface to First Edition
1. Fluid Physiology in Traditional Chinese Medicine
2. Fluids of the Five Yin Organs
6. Thin Mucus Patterns
7. Phlegm: Etiology and Symptomatology
8. Phlegm Treatment: Principles and Methods
9. Dampness: Principles of Treatment
11. Acupuncture Methods in Fluid Pathology
Appendix 1. Origin and Development of Phlegm Theory in Traditional Chinese Medicine
Appendix 2. Major Contributors to Phlegm Theory
Appendix 3. Clinical Manifestations of Phlegm
Appendix 4. Clinical Manifestations of Dampness
Appendix 5. Major Writers Noted in this Text
Appendix 6. Bibliography
Index of Formulas
|Publication Date||22 Dec 2020|
|Number of Pages||654|
* Orders shipped outside of Europe are eligible for VAT relief and will not be charged VAT.