Moxa in Motion with Ontake Warm Bamboo
*Discounted price for logged-in JCM subscribers only: £196.65
Moxibustion is ancient. Even more ancient than needling. In modern acupuncture, however, it is often considered too time-consuming, too risky or too difficult to master. And yet the classics say: for chronic conditions, moxa has no equal. Coming to the rescue of time-poor, risk-averse, present-day acupuncturists is the Ontake Method from Japan. This innovative approach uses a piece of bamboo filled with burning moxa wool to roll, tap and press on the meridians using a metronome programmed to each meridian's frequency. The rhythmic application of heat, frequency and pressure triggers rapid shifts in your patients' body condition and mood but this method generates only a little smoke. In this course, you will learn: (1) Dr Manaka's meridian frequencies and how to apply them (2) Protocols for symptom relief (3) Protocols for whole-body regulation (4) The integration of Dr Tan's holographic models with Ontake for the rapid relief of pain Presented by Oran Kivity and compered by Michael Max from the Qiological podcast, the format is varied and dynamic, with lectures, PowerPoints, group Q&A sessions and teaching videos. Each lesson is linked to a section in a fifty-page workbook packed with learner-centred quizzes and exercises. Engagingly filmed, produced and edited to hold the attention of distance learners, Moxa in Motion presents a step-by-step guide to utilizing the Ontake Method that will leave you confident in your new skills and more effective in your practice.
- Describe Dr Manaka’s Meridian Frequencies, Wooden Needle and Hammer, tapping zones and three areas of application for Ontake for treating the root, branch and for pain relief
- Load, light and extinguish moxa in the bamboo safely, list actions and contraindications for Ontake, compare protocols for clinic hygiene.
- Discuss the Japanese concept of skin luster to differentiate deficiency/ excess and how to supplement and drain these reactions with protocols such as standing, rocking, rolling, tapping, pressing, knocking, leaning, vibrating, bouncing and rubbing.
- Draw the tapping protocols for Bamboo Max and Bamboo Mini (to strengthen the body’s healing responses at the root level) on a blank diagram, list routines for branch treatments and point to reflex areas on self using Dr Tan's mappings
- Describe Japanese acupuncture concepts of dosage, identify sensitive patients and remedy overtreatment using Ontake
Access Period: Lifetime
Course Notes: Notes are provided with this course.
Provider: CPD Cert
|External Website Url||https://www.cpd-cert.com/catalog/product/view/id/1964/s/moxa-in-motion-with-ontake-warm-bamboo/category/134/|
Write Your Own Review
* Orders shipped outside of Europe are eligible for VAT relief and will not be charged VAT.