Biomedical Acupuncture for Sports and Trauma Rehabilitation: Dry Needling Techniques
Written by widely respected acupuncture expert Yun-tao Ma, PhD, LAc, Biomedical Acupuncture for Sports and Trauma Rehabilitation shows techniques that will enhance athletic performance, accelerate recovery after intensive workouts, and speed trauma rehabilitation after injuries or surgeries. Evidence-based research is used to support the best and most effective techniques, with over 100 illustrations showing anatomy, injury, and clinical procedures. Unlike many other acupuncture books, this book uses a Western approach to make it easier to understand rationales, master techniques, and integrate biomedical acupuncture into your practice.
"Finally, a well-referenced, common sense approach to dry needling in sports medicine that discusses maintenance, overtraining, and the effect of the stress response in atheletes. This is a long-awaited book that will leave you feeling comfortable with a technique that is very useful not only for atheletes, but for all patients of your practice." Rey Ximenes, MD The Pain and Stress Management Center Austin, Texas
"For any clinician involved with assisting atheletes recover from injury, as well as providing services to enhance physical performance, this text will be indispensible. This book is a major accomplishment in the field of sports injury and treatment of musculoskeletal and neurological pain." Mark A. Kestner, DC, FIAMA, CCSP, CSCS Kestner Chiropractic & Acupuncture Center Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Integrative Systemic Dry Needling (ISDN) is a unique new medical procedure that is designed to restore and normalize soft tissue dysfunction before injuries (prevention) and after injuries.
All athletes experience injuries. Some athletes are never completely able to recover from injuries that become chronic and make them more prone to new injuries. Some athletes come to believe that their performance is irreversibley impaired by injury while they are still in their prime time, and some do have to face the reality that their athletic career is limited by chronic injuries. For many, however, this limitation is not inevitable. Some injuries can be successfully prevented by using the techniques introduced in this book, and it is possible to greatly improve recovery from both injury and surgery if the mechanisms of integrative systemic dry needling (ISDN) are understood by athletes themselves, their coaches, and their doctors.
The techniques introduced in this book will enhance the physical performance of all athletes due to routine procedure for reduction of physical and physiological stess, prevent common injuries, accelerate recovery from overtraining stress, promote rehabilitaiton after injury and surgeries, and prolong athletic careers by providing systemci maintenance.
All healthcare professionals who are involved in sports medicine will find that integrative systemic dry needling techniques will offer many clinical results that conventional approaches can not offer. Katrine Levin
1. Integrative Systemic Dry Needling or Dry Needling Acupuncture: A New Modality for Athletes
2. Homeostasis and Stress in Sports and Exercise
3. Human Brain Plasticity, Sports, and Sports Injuries
4. Musculoskeletal Systems and Human Movement
5. Overtraining Syndrome and the Use of Muscle in Exercise
6. Clinical Mechanisms of Integrative Systemic Dry Needling
7. Physiology of Acu-Reflex Points
8. Neuroanatomy of Acu-Reflex Points
9. Homeostatic Acu-Reflex Point System
10. Trigger Points and the Integrative Neuromuscular Acu-Reflex Point System
11. Visceral Pain and Visceral-Somatic Reflexes
12. Pathomechanics of the Musculoskeletal System and Acu-Reflex Points
13. Using Dry Needling Acupuncture for Preventing Injury and Enhancing Athletic Performance
14. General Principles of Treating Soft-Tissue Dysfunction in Sports Injuries
15. Preventive and Therapeutic Treatment of Injuries in Selected Sports
16. Safety Issues in Dry Needling Acupuncture Practice
|Number of Pages||384|
* Orders shipped outside of Europe are eligible for VAT relief and will not be charged VAT.