This section of The Journal of Chinese Medicine website is devoted to the accumulation of case histories - acupuncture, herbal medicine, qigong etc. for mutual education and reference.
Anyone can send case histories for adding to this section.We would suggest that the most valuable kinds of cases would be unusual or difficult diseases, unusual treatments or outcomes, or any case where there might be something of special interest and value to other practitioners. They do not all have to be successful cases! Indeed, some of the most useful case histories can be failures where something valuable has been learnt.
The treatment approaches can be as varied as practitioners are - there is no orthodoxy here. They do not have to be beautifully written (though of course they can be). The main thing is that they have sufficient information to show the treatment approach, treatment and outcome.
I hope that in this way we can all contribute to a resource that will eventually be a wide and valuable source of reference material.
Note: these case histories have not been edited by us. Some have been written by practitioners for whom English is not a first language. Some are in note form. We have included the email address of the practitioner if you wish to respond directly.
In order to contribute, just send your case history to [email protected] with "Case History" in the subject field.
- Acupuncture treatment of spinal cord injury
- Menopause syndrome case history
- Acupunctural treatment of acute ichaemic coronary heart disease
- Acupuncture treatment of peripheral facial nerve palsy
- Acupuncture for memory loss
- A case of severe depression and agarophobia treated by acupuncture
- Acupuncture and male subfertility: review of clinical studies
- Acupuncture treatment of sleep disorders
- One case of fallopian tube obstruction
- Two cases of removal of uric acid from the blood
- Asthma cases
- Experience with auriculo therapy
- Seemingly difficult cases cured with acupuncture
- Acupuncture treatment of a patient with the spinal cord totally interrupted
- Treatment of twin complicated foetal malpresentation
- Treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy with acupuncture
- Acupuncture for diplopia
- Qigong deviation: An interesting acupuncture case history
- Treatment of Meniere's disease
- A case of sick building syndrome treated by acupuncture
- A serendipitous treatment of cerebral palsy with TCM
- Laserpuncture for a spine lipoma case
- Post Herpetic hypoaesthesia treated by acupuncture
- Aplastic anaemia
- Acupuncture treatment of obstetric brachial palsy
- Acupuncture treatment of chronic idiopathic pelvic pain
- Acupuncture treatment of post-herpetic neuralgia