Wei-defensive Qi: Modern Use Learned from the Shang Han Lun and Wen Bing
*Discounted price for logged-in JCM subscribers only: £68.40
Wei Qi or defensive Qi runs around the blood vessel and Ying Qi or construction Qi inside the blood vessel. Wei protects the body from external pathogens, which functions like the immune system. Moreover, Wei is tightly related to the nervous system, which regulates temperature, sweating, circadian rhythm. Ying refers to blood and other Yin substances which nourish the whole body. In Shang Han Lun, a Taiyang exterior condition is regarded as Wei. Wei to treat a Wei disease. In Wen Bing (Warm Diseases), a Wei level condition refers to the early stage of fever due to warm pathogens e.g. coronavirus. The manifestation is various in wind-heat, damp heat, dryness, and wind-cold. What are the similarity and differences of Wei in the two systems? How can we use herbal medicine and acupuncture in practice to treat Wei disorders? In this seminar, my course will cover the following topics 1. Deep explanation of Wei, form classics and meridians theory 2. Herbal medicine treatment, Ma Huang Tang and its modification 3. Acupuncture and moxibustion treatment 4. Wei, immunity, and coronavirus: prevention and sequalae treatment 5. Wei and nervous system disorders, psychological diseases.
- Understand Wei Qi in classics and meridians theory
- Learn how to use herbal medicine and acupuncture to treat Wei disorders
- Understand Wei Qi in immunity and (long) Covid-19
- Understand Wei Qi in nervous and psychological disorders
- Understand Wei Qi in other disorders e.g. peripheral neuropathy, spine injury, low immunity, stroke sequelae etc.
Access Period: Lifetime
Course Notes: Notes are provided with this course.
Provider: CPD Cert
|External Website Url||https://www.cpd-cert.com/catalog/product/view/id/1972/s/wei-defensive-qi-modern-use-learned-from-the-shang-han-lun-and-wen-bing/category/134/|
Write Your Own Review
* Orders shipped outside of Europe are eligible for VAT relief and will not be charged VAT.