The Encounter with the Patient: Sparkles and Traps
*Discounted price for logged-in JCM subscribers only: £94.05
The workshop focuses on the process of co-building a working alliance. We discuss some main features of the therapeutic relationship: the structure of communication and the emotional, mental, physical space of the treatment. We see how to deal with: the daily management of time, requests, money the dynamics of empathy and neutrality the deep movements stirred up by the use needles the expression of hidden or violent emotions the yin attitude of “being there” We work with illnesses and suffering, it is a delicate matter. The encounter of patient and practitioner requires a specific attention. To improve therapeutic results we need not to be submerged by what takes place inside the relationship. The classics give a great attention to it – quotations will be discussed in the workshop. Clinical cases are given throughout all the issues.
- Learn how to address the clinical relationship in daily practice. Deal with questions about ethics, communication, clinical interview. Understand how to handle interpersonal issues that arise in the clinic.
- Cope with the therapeutic setting, empathy, expression of emotions, silence and words. Not be invaded or drifted away by what may happen during the treatment. Use a yin attitude of “being there”
- Refer to the Classics and Recognize deep relational movements in given clinical cases
- Why we have chosen this profession, what deep needs it responds to, how we deal with it all
- Paths to deal with dysfunctional behaviours
Access Period: Lifetime
Course Notes: Notes are provided with this course.
Provider: CPD Cert
|External Website Url||https://www.cpd-cert.com/the-encounter-with-the-patient-sparkles-and-traps.html|
Write Your Own Review
* Orders shipped outside of Europe are eligible for VAT relief and will not be charged VAT.