Medicinal Mushrooms and the Immune System
*Discounted price for logged-in JCM subscribers only: £27.31
Medicinal mushroom extracts are becoming a popular treatment strategy in today’s health and wellness industry. This webinar will present an overview on the impact of medicinal mushrooms on the immune system. A thorough look at the different physiological impacts mushrooms have on different immune cells and systems relating to the immune system will be a focal point. The webinar will also focus on dosing, safety and the importance of quality. Medicinal mushrooms have a reuptation for being key immune-modulators when working with acute, chronic and even autoimmune illnesses. Like plants, different species of mushrooms have different applications, active compounds, uses and contraindications. Because medicinal mushroom extracts are formed from food, there therapeutic index is quite large compared to other nutraceuticals and medications. Some of the most common medicinal mushrooms such as: lions mane, cordyceps, reishi, turkey tail, chaga, oyster, shiitake and maitake will be covered. Active compounds like ergothioneine, beta-glucans, triterpenes and ergosterol will be introduced. Mycological part (mycelium, mushroom and spore) classification will be covered. This mycological classification system is an important discussion point which will be touched on multiple times throughout the webinar. If you are curious about the modern advances and functional ways to include medicinal mushrooms into your practice, this is a great webinar for you.
- Participants will learn about the different forms and parts of medicinal mushrooms and the importance of quality.
- Participants will learn about the different areas of the immune system that are impacted by medicinal mushrooms
- Participants will learn about the most important compounds and mechanisms of actions for these compounds found in medicinal mushrooms
- Participants will learn about the different species of mushrooms and their inherent differences and applications
- Participants will be briefed about dosing, safety, drug interactions and contraindications.
Access Period: Lifetime
Course Notes: Notes are provided with this course
Provider: CPD Cert
|External Website Url
Write Your Own Review
* Orders shipped outside of Europe are eligible for VAT relief and will not be charged VAT.