Bowen Methods for TCM and Shiatsu Practitioners - Course 1
*Discounted price for logged-in JCM subscribers only: £131.10
A Tui Na Approach to Muscular Skeletal Pain and Dysfunction
This course is the first part of a presentation of a range of related bodywork methods. They utilize a gentle rolling motion of the fascia surrounding well-known acupuncture points to assist in the restoration of joint and soft tissue function.
In this webinar, Kevin Ryan shares his knowledge of the methods developed by Australian Osteopath Thomas (Tom) Bowen for helping clients with presentations of muscular-skeletal pain and dysfunction. These methods use well-known acupuncture points with a rolling soft tissue method applied in a specific sequence to achieve an improved range of motion to joint function. This six hour webinar recorded a hands-on two day workshop in October 2022 that coincided with the 40th anniversary of the passing of Tom Bowen. It includes: 1. The history of Tom Bowen's working life and the development of his unique methods is blended with a number of experiments illustrating the relationship between somatic dysfunction and posture. Learning an effective method to assess and correct the tracking of a dysfunctional patella is presented in light of the effect that the outcome has on posture. This allows for a deep understanding of the intimate relationship and interdependence between structure and function in our clients. 2. Kevin's learning directly from Tom over a three-year period, is shared through high lighting and discussing his methods used for dysfunction and strains of the lower, middle and upper back, neck, TMJ, respiratory diaphragm, major leg muscles, shoulders, elbows, wrists ankles and feet. 3. Examples of postural assessment and correction, using volunteers from among the participants shows how the general, standing posture of the client may be improved.
- The viewer will develop an understanding of the uniqueness of the Bowen methods as a Tui Na tool through exposure to the history of the development of the methods.
- The viewer will be able to describe the acupuncture points that are used as the basis of the application of each method. They will be able to incorporate the use of this knowlede into their understanding of the role of Acupunture in health care.
- The viewer will learn a number of tools to assess joint dysfunction and postural strain paterns in clients before and after a session.
- The viewer will develop and understand more fully, the interdependent relationship and connection between the structure and function of the soma, through learned assessment and application methods as developed by Tom Bowen.
- The viewer will learn the overall postural implications following application of these methods to improve joint range of movement and function in general
Provider: CPD Cert
|External Website Url
Write Your Own Review
* Orders shipped outside of Europe are eligible for VAT relief and will not be charged VAT.