Bowen Methods for TCM and Shiatsu Practitioners - Course 2
*Discounted price for logged-in JCM subscribers only: £54.63
In this webinar, Kevin Ryan again shares his knowledge of the Methods developed by Australian Osteopath Thomas (Tom) Bowen for helping clients with presentations of muscular-skeletal pain and dysfunction. These methods use well-known acupuncture points with a rolling soft tissue method applied in a specific sequence to achieve an improved range of motion to joint function. This 3-hour webinar was recorded during a hands-on one-day workshop in May 2023 and completes the commemorative 40th anniversary of the passing of Tom Bowen. It includes: 1. A review of the Methods shown in the first course in the light of increased awareness of the structure and function of the joints before, during and after the Methods are applied. This is designed to increase the results obtained. Tom Bowen's development of his unique methods is blended with an experiment illustrating the relationship between somatic dysfunction and posture using a Method for correction of the range of movement of the fibula joint. This allows for a deeper understanding of the intimate relationship and interdependence between structure and function in our clients. 2. Methods used for dysfunction and strains of the lower, middle and upper back, neck, TMJ, respiratory diaphragm, major leg muscles, shoulders, elbows, wrists ankles and feet. 3. Examples using volunteers from among the participants show how the general, standing posture of the client may be improved as corrections are made to joint dysfunction.
- The viewer will develop a increased understanding of the uniqueness of the Bowen methods as a Tui Na tool through exposure to the refinements of the methods as they are presented with further detail or enhancements.
- The viewer will be able to describe the acupuncture points that are used as the basis of the application of each method. They will be able to incorporate the use of this knowledge into their understanding of the role of Acupuncture in health care.
- The viewer will learn further tools to assess joint dysfunction and postural strain patterns in clients before and after a session.
- The viewer will develop an increased awareness of the interdependent relationship and connection between the structure and function of the soma, through learned assessment and application methods as developed by Tom Bowen.
- The viewer will learn the overall postural implications following application of these methods to improve joint range of movement and function in general.
Provider: CPD Cert
|External Website Url
Write Your Own Review
* Orders shipped outside of Europe are eligible for VAT relief and will not be charged VAT.